Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Short Story - Love in action

Is the title of today's Inspirational message.

One night a man came to our house and told
me, “There is a family with eight children. They
have not eaten for days,” I took some food and I
went. When I finally came to the family, I saw
the faces of those little children disfigured by
hunger. There was no sorrow or sadness in
their faces, just the deep pain of hunger. I gave
the rice to the mother. She divided it in two, and
went out, carrying half the rice with her. When
she came back, I asked her, “Where did you
go?” She gave me this simple answer, “To my
neighbors-they are hungry also.”
I was not surprised that she gave–because
poor people are generous. But I was surprised
that she knew they were hungry. As a rule,
when we are suffering, we are so focused on
ourselves we have no time for others.
–Mother Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment