Sunday, August 21, 2016

A Heart Touching Story - "I Wish You Enough"

Is the title of today's Inspirational message.

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter
in their last moments together at the airport
as the daughter’s departure had been
announced. Standing near the security gate,
they hugged and the mother said: “I love you
and I wish you enough.”
The daughter replied, “Mom, our life together
has been more than enough. Your love is all
I ever needed. I wish you enough, too,
Mom.” They kissed and the daughter left.
The mother walked over to the window where
I sat. Standing there, I could see she wanted
and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on
her privacy but she welcomed me in by
asking, “Did you ever say good-bye to
someone knowing it would be forever?” “Yes,
I have,” I replied. “Forgive me for asking but
why is this a forever good-bye?”
“I am old and she lives so far away. I have
challenges ahead and the reality is the next
trip back will be for my funeral,” she said.
When you were saying good-bye, I heard you
say, “I wish you enough.” May I ask what
that means?”
She began to smile. “That’s a wish that has
been handed down from other generations.
My parents used to say it to everyone.” She
paused a moment and looked up as if trying
to remember it in detail and she smiled even
more.
“When we said ‘I wish you enough’ we were
wanting the other person to have a life filled
with just enough good things to sustain
them”. Then turning toward me, she shared
the following, reciting it from memory,
“I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude
bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun
more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your
spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest
joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your
wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that
you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through
the final good-bye.”
She then began to cry and walked away.
Nurture Relationships…..As they say….It takes
a minute to find a special person ~ An hour
to appreciate
them ~ A day to love them ~ And then an
entire life to forget them.....



No comments:

Post a Comment