Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Brotherhood

Is the title of today's inspirational message.

Ram received an automobile from his brother as
Birthday present.
One day when Ram came out of his office, he saw
a street urchin was walking around the shiny new
car, admiring it.
“Is this your car?” – He asked.
Ram nodded, “My brother presented me on my
birthday.”
The boy was astounded. “You mean your brother
gave it to you and it didn’t cost you nothing? Boy,
I wish…” – He hesitated.
Of course Ram knew what he was going to wish
for. He was going to wish he had a brother like his
brother but what the lad said jarred Ram all the
way down to his heels.
“I wish,” the boy went on, “that I could be a
brother like that.”
Ram looked at the boy in astonishment, and then
impulsively he added, “Would you like to take a
ride in my automobile?”
“Oh yes, I’d love that.”
After a short ride, the boy turned and with his eyes
aglow, said, “Would you mind driving in front of my
house?”
Ram smiled a little. He thought he knew what the
lad wanted. He wanted to show his neighbors that
he could ride home in a big automobile.
But Ram was wrong again.
“Will you stop where those two steps are?” The boy
asked. He ran up the steps. Then in a little while
Ram heard him coming back, but he was not
coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled
brother. He sat him down on the bottom step, then
sort of squeezed up against him and pointed to the
car.
“There he is, brother. Like I told you upstairs, his
brother gave it to him and it didn’t cost him a
penny. Some day I’m going to give you one just
like it then you can see for yourself all the pretty
things in the shop windows that I’ve been trying to
tell you about.”
Ram got out and lifted the crippled boy to the front
seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother
climbed in beside him and the three of them began
a memorable ride.

Lessons

Appreciation means I want more.
Never cease an opportunity to make someone happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment