Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Helpless Love


Is the title of today's Inspirational message.

Once upon a time all feelings and emotions
went to a coastal island for a vacation.
According to their nature, each was having a
good time. Suddenly, a warning of an
impending storm was announced and everyone
was advised to evacuate the island.
The announcement caused sudden panic. All
rushed to their boats. Even damaged boats were
quickly repaired and commissioned for duty.
Yet, Love did not wish to flee quickly. There was
so much to do. But as the clouds darkened,
Love realised it was time to leave. Alas, there
were no boats to spare. Love looked around
with hope.
Just then Prosperity passed by in a luxurious
boat. Love shouted, “Prosperity, could you
please take me in your boat?”
“No,” replied Prosperity, “my boat is full of
precious possessions, gold and silver. There is
no place for you.”
A little later Vanity came by in a beautiful boat.
Again Love shouted, “Could you help me,
Vanity? I am stranded and need a lift. Please
take me with you.”
Vanity responded haughtily, “No, I cannot take
you with me. My boat will get soiled with your
muddy feet.”
Sorrow passed by after some time. Again, Love
asked for help. But it was to no avail. “No, I
cannot take you with me. I am so sad. I want to
be by myself.”
When Happiness passed by a few minutes later,
Love again called for help. But Happiness was
so happy that it did not look around, hardly
concerned about anyone.
Love was growing restless and dejected. Just
then somebody called out, “Come Love, I will
take you with me.” Love did not know who was
being so magnanimous, but jumped on to the
boat, greatly relieved that she would reach a
safe place.
On getting off the boat, Love met Knowledge.
Puzzled, Love inquired, “Knowledge, do you
know who so generously gave me a lift just
when no one else wished to help?”
Knowledge smiled, “Oh, that was Time.”
“And why would Time stop to pick me and take
me to safety?” Love wondered.
Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and
replied, “Because only Time knows your true
greatness and what you are capable of. Only
Love can bring peace and great happiness in
this world.”
“The important message is that when we are
prosperous, we overlook love. When we feel
important, we forget love. Even in happiness
and sorrow we forget love. Only with time do we
realize the importance of love. Why wait that
long? Why not make love a part of your life
today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment