Saturday, June 11, 2016

Unconditional Love!


Is the title of today's inspirational message

A story i read on some website

long ago and  i am sharing with you. I don't
have any idea about the original author
Unconditional Love !!!
I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and
have recently completed my college
degree. The last class I had to take was
Sociology. The teacher was absolutely
inspiring with the qualities that I wish
every human being had been graced with.
Her last project of the term was called
"Smile". The class was asked to go out and
smile at three people and document their
reaction.
I am a very friendly person and always
smile at everyone and say hello
anyway.....so, I thought, this would be a
piece of cake (literally).
Soon after we were assigned the project,
my husband, youngest son, and I went
out to McDonalds, one crisp March
morning. It was just our way of sharing
special play time with our son.
We were standing in line, waiting to be
served, when all of a sudden everyone
around us began to back away, and then
even my husband did. I did not move an
inch...an overwhelming feeling of panic
welled up inside of me as I turned to see
why they had moved.
As I turned around I smelled a horrible
"dirty body" smell...and there standing
behind me were two poor homeless men.
As I looked down at the short gentleman,
close to me, he was "smiling"...his
beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's
Light as he searched for acceptance.
He said, "Good day" as he counted the
few coins he had been clutching. The
second man fumbled with his hands as he
stood behind his friend. I realized the
second man was mentally deficient and
the blue eyed gentle man was his
salvation. I held my tears......as I stood
there with them.
The young lady at the counter asked him
what they wanted. He said, "Coffee is all
Miss" because that was all they could
afford (to sit in the restaurant and warm
up they had to buy something...they just
wanted to be warm).
Then I really felt it...the compulsion was
so great I almost reached out and
embraced the little man with the blue
eyes. That is when I noticed all eyes in the
restaurant were set on me...judging my
every action. I smiled and asked the
young lady behind the counter to give me
two more breakfast meals on a separate
tray. I then walked around the corner to
the table that the men had chosen as a
resting spot.
I put the tray on the table and laid my
hand on the blue eyed gentleman's cold
hand. He looked up at me, with tears in
his eyes, and said, "Thank you". I leaned
over, began to pat his hand and said, "I
did not do this for you...God is here
working through me to give you hope". I
started to cry as I walked away to join my
husband and son. When I sat down my
husband smiled at me and said, "That is
why God gave you to me honey....to give
me hope". We held hands for a moment
and at that time we knew that only
because of the Grace were we able to
give .....
We are not church goers but we are
believers. That day showed me the pure
Light of God's sweet love.
I returned to college, on the last evening
of class,with this story in hand. I turned
in "my project" and the instructor read
it....then she looked up at me and said,
"Can I share this?" I slowly nodded as she
got the attention of the class. She began
to read and that is when I knew that we
as human beings (part of God) share this
need to heal.
In my own way I had touched the people
at McDonalds, my husband, son,
instructor, and every soul that shared the
classroom on the last night I spent as a
college student. I Graduated with one of
the biggest lessons I would ever
learn....unconditional acceptance......after
all....we are here to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment